We Are Here to Help You!
With spiritual counseling—A listening ear and prayerful support are provided by phone or in person. Referrals are given for professional counseling, as needed.
With support groups—Comfort and encouragement are shared through monthly groups where mutual sharing and prayer make the journey easier.
With educational and spiritual resources—Books, CDs, videos, and a monthly newsletter, BridgeBuilder, provide a better understanding of homosexuality and the healing process. Many of these resources are available through our ministry library or can be ordered online: www.livingstonesministry.org.
We offer seminars, special events, conferences, and retreats several times a year.
With biblical perspective—Looking at the issues through the eyes of Jesus helps bring the balance of His unconditional love with the standard of holy living God requires.
Statements of Faith and Doctrine
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired word of God, the final authority for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in right living.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, fully man and fully God, only begotten Son of the Father. He was conceived by the holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, buried, and rose physically from the dead. He ascended to the right hand of the Father and will come again in power and glory.
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that faith alone in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord frees us from the mastery of sin, and its consequences of death and eternal damnation. He assumed the penalty of death Himself, and enables us to live out of His resurrected life unto eternity.
- We believe the Holy Spirit carries out this work of renewal in our lives, empowering us to grow in loving union with our Heavenly Father and to walk in obedience to His will.
- We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is formed of all those who know Him as their Savior and Lord, regardless of denominational beliefs.
Living Stones Ministries is a Christian organization dedicated to equipping and uniting agencies and individuals to effectively communicate the message of hope, healing and redemption to individuals and families with issues of homosexuality.
Living Stones Ministries upholds heterosexuality as God's creative intent for humanity, and subsequently views homosexual expression as outside of God's will. Living Stones Ministries cites homosexual tendencies as one of many disorders that beset fallen humanity. Choosing to resolve these tendencies through homosexual behavior, taking on a homosexual identity, and involvement in the homosexual lifestyle is considered destructive, as it distorts God's intent for the individual and is sinful.
Instead, Christ offers a healing alternative to those with homosexual tendencies. Living Stones Ministries upholds redemption for the homosexual person as the process whereby sin's power is overcome, and the individual is free to know and experience true identity as discovered in Christ and His Church. That process entails the freedom to grow into heterosexuality.
Central to this redemption is Living Stones Ministries' desire to equip the Church to carry out this healing process. Living Stones Ministries bridges the gap between Christians who respond to homosexual men and women with ignorance and fear, and those who uphold homosexuality as a valid, Christ-centered lifestyle. To Living Stones Ministries, both extremes fail to convey to the homosexual person the fullness of redemption found in Christ- He who embodies grace and truth, and invites us to partake of Him.
Our goal is to:
• Introduce individuals and families to the loving and saving power of Jesus Christ.
• Proclaim the joy and fulfillment of a life lived in obedience to the teachings of God’s Word.
• Provide safe places for individuals and families to openly share their grief and pain about homosexuality.
• Develop and distribute educational and inspirational materials.
• Educate churches, pastors, therapists and other organizations through seminars, presentations and conferences.
• Offer spiritual counseling and referrals for psychological counseling.
• Encourage the family of God to extend God’s love and compassion to the sexually and relationally broken…to be Christ to one another.
As Families, We Choose…
To come into relationship with Jesus Christ and allow Him to teach us how to live as He did.
To model our ministry after the life of Jesus, the Living Stone, whose whole focus was to do the will of the Father.
To build the bridges of God’s grace to all people, so that others may come to know Him.
To endure rejection as Jesus did, not allowing it to embitter us, but through it to bring glory to God.
To believe in God’s sovereignty and His ability to turn all things to His good.
To be a holy people, God’s instruments of righteousness in a fallen world.
- To live lives consistent with the teachings of God’s Holy Word.